Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mid-November Update

It's been a while since I've written.... And that's mostly been because of a lack of events.  With that, here's a recap of anything meaningful that's happened the last 10 days:

-Frisbee season is over.  Despite the miraculous comeback in our first tournament game, we had an anti-climatic finish.  We had 8 people so that we could sub one at a time, but we were missing 2 of our best players.  We got off to a good start and we were winning at half time 6-5.  Unfortunately we kind of got lazy in the second half and made some bad decisions throwing the frisbee. The other team eventually won 10-8.

-Football season continues.  The night after we had a disappointing loss in frisbee, we played our first football game in the tournament.  We did awesome.  We went against a team that had  2 junior college football players that were incredible receivers.  Despite that, our offense kept us in the game. We scored on every possession that we had.  They scored on every possession they had, until the last one when we were able to make a great defensive stand.  My only regret in that game was that I felt like I didn't contribute much.  I'm glad I have another opportunity to make some plays next game.  Our next game is on Tuesday night at 9:15pm.  If we win that game, we'll play again Saturday.

-BYU won it's 3rd straight game and looked awesome doing it.  Jake Heaps has really come along and our receivers are finally coming along.  Luke Ashworth had the night of his career catching 4 passes, all for touchdowns.  The longest pass of the day was a 62 yard bomb that was perfectly thrown to Luke Ashworth.  Cody Hoffman had a fumble and so did Jake Heaps on a botched pitch to JJ DiLuigi, but other than that it was a really clean game.  CSU didn't score until our third string defense was put in in the 4th quarter.  Final score was 49-10 which puts BYU at 5-5 for the season.  It's almost as if BYU has had 2 different seasons.  The first 5 games they went 1-4, the next 5 games they have gone 4-1.  With New Mexico being the worst team in all of college football, we should easily beat them next week at home.  That win will make us bowl eligible.  After that, expect a great Holy War when BYU goes up to play the U.  With the way that the U has played, we should be able to beat them.

-Last night we made a Tucano's run.  My friend Sarah gave Kevin and I 2 for 1 coupons and we had to use them yesterday or they would expire.  It was a great night.  It was Kevin, Meridith, Darrik Cheney, and me.  About halfway through our great dinner, Kevin and I got into a tussle about who had eaten more.  We kept eating and eating, and before long we were asking the meat servers about who they thought had eaten more.  Kevin claimed that since he had eaten more vegetables and some of Meridith's food, that he had eaten more.  The meat servers said they had definitely given me more meat across the whole duration of the night.  Eventually, Kevin flipped over the little totem poll to red, indicating that I had been the victor.  It had come at a great cost, however.  I almost exploded a couple times and started literally going insane.  I would laugh at anything and in my insanity, Kevin and Darrik convinced me to leave my phone number for the waitress... Classy.  Either way, it was some good food for only half the price!

That's pretty much everything that has been going on as of late.  I'm excited to make my way back home for Thanksgiving and see my family (and eat my mom's cooking.)  I'm also making some important decisions about what to do next semester and whether or not I should quit my job at Simply Mac.  It's been an awesome job, but I need to focus on school and get it done.

With that, I'll sign out.  Look for more posts later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment