Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Time

Maybe this post is a day late, but I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to write about it.

Christmas has been a busy time for me... work, finals, and more work.  I finally made it "home" to Boise on Christmas Eve.  I got home, played some Nintendo, and then went to bed.  Christmas day we opened our presents and had the annual "Christmas Crap Out," which is when we get to eat whatever we want.  It's been fun being with the family, but unfortunately will end this Tuesday when I'll fly back home to work some more.  That's the disadvantage of working in retail I guess.

This Christmas season I hope everyone got to take a break from the stress and materialism that Christmas bring and reflect on the true meaning of Christmas: Christ.  Leah gave a great FHE lesson on this a couple of weeks ago that inspired me to write something about Christmas.  There's a song I've had playing on my blog by BYU's Vocal Point that's called "He is Born."  I want to post the lyrics to this song, because they really help me appreciate the birth of the Savior and how it was the beginning of a life that would eventually save me and everyone else:

Joy to the world, the Lord has come
To every boy and girl, He'll be the Holy One
He'll be a King, He'll be a Lord
He's just a baby, but He'll save the world

And I'll sing Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah
He is my Savior, today He's born
He is born

Rejoice, Rejoice, the Savior's come
We'll lift every voice, to the Healing One
The sinner's saved, the price was paid
He's just a baby, and He's born today


And I'll sing Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah
He is my Savior and my King, with all my heart to Him I'll sing
My Lord and King will I adore, with my praise forevermore
He is my Shepherd and I know, with all my love to Him I'll show
With all my life to Him I'll give, today He's born
He's Born

And I'll sing Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah
He is my Savior, today He's born
He is Born

I love this song and the lyrics.  I especially appreciate and relate to the part where is says that the sinner is saved, the price was paid...  That is truly a reason to celebrate, rejoice, give gifts, and spend time with family.  We're all sinners trying to do our best, and we rely on Jesus Christ every single day.  May we all remember the sacrifice that Christ made for us.  To end off this blog post, I'll put on one of my favorite scriptures of all time:

"And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?

 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof."
-Rev. 5:1-5

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot!!! The song is really nice despite that it is a real battle to find its lyrics.

    ReplyDelete