Monday, October 4, 2010

Doing a blog

Hola.

My name is Paul Starita, and I decided to start writing a blog. I've never been into journal writing so I decided to give this a try.

Let me start off by saying why I'm deciding to do this. There are a couple different reasons:

1. I feel like I've been greatly blessed in my life. And I'm a moron and don't write any of that stuff down. This blog isn't meant to flaunt my blessings, but more of a chance for me to get my thoughts down on the tender mercies of the Lord that I experience every day. By writing it down maybe I can inspire some people while also showing my gratitude.

2. This will give me a great outlet to express myself. At this point in my life, I'm going through some hard times. Writing a blog seemed like a healthy thing to do.

3. I can keep my family and close friends up to date on what's going on in my life. There are people I don't always get to talk to and this is a good way to let them know what's going on with me.

With that being said, let me give some explanation on the blog title and URL. I decided to name my blog "Live High." This is named after a song (click play on right side to hear it) with the same title written by Jason Mraz, my favorite musical artist. In this song, Jason tells people that "justifying reasons why is an absolutely insane resolution to live by." This applies to me because I'm out of excuses. I have the gospel, I know where I'm supposed to be, and now it's time to really improve my life. With help from the Lord I know I can make. The chorus of the song declares exactly what I want to do: "Live high, live mighty, live righteously." Thus, "Live High" is a fitting title to my blog.

The URL for my blog is onestepenough4me.blogspot.com You can bookmark it if you want! This refers to the lyrics from my favorite hymn, Lead Kindly Light. Here are the lyrics:

Lead, kindly Light, amid th’encircling gloom, lead Thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home; lead Thou me on!
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me.

I was not ever thus, nor prayed that Thou shouldst lead me on;
I loved to choose and see my path; but now lead Thou me on!
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will. Remember not past years!

I love that hymn and strive to be lead by my Heavenly Father every day. Don't get me wrong, I screw up often. The purpose of this blog is NOT to put on a show and fake something that I'm not. I am human and I make mistakes. But I am trying.  Part of trying is trusting the Lord even when I don't know what is going to happen.  All I need to know is what is the next step.  One step truly is enough for me.


In this blog you should expect updates on my life in general, funny stories, random thoughts, sports analysis, and acknowledgment of blessings.  Hit the "follow" button on the right side to keep up to date with the blog.

Thank you to everyone who has and is supporting me every day as I go through a hard time in my life. This journey is difficult, but with your love and friendship it has been that much easier.

Check back for more updates later.

3 comments:

  1. paul. i love you bro. thank you for blogging. now i dont feel so weird doing it. 2010 has blessed me with some incredible people and you are one of them. ill love you forever and not only because i have to, but because its hard to not love someone like you. you shine like the son buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, look forward to a post that includes you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul, thank you for writing this! You are an amazing writer. I love your honesty. Love Dad.
    P.S. I won't be offended if you want to delete my post.

    ReplyDelete